Fire guts down a school dorm

There is a state of panic at Karia  Boys secondary school in Kirinyaga County  after fire broke out in one of the dormitories this morning .

The  students were reportedly  attending a Sunday service within the school when the fire broke out at about 8.30 am .

According to reliable sources, an outsider was spotted within the school fence  handing over a plastic container to one of the students before the 86 bed capacity dormitory  exploded into fire.

The  local  County Fire Brigade was alerted and rushed to the  scene immediately before the raging inferno spread to  the next dormitory .

“Although the fire was contained on time , it destroyed 30 beds complete with the beddings and 30 boxes  which was the property of the students, “the source told Mt Kenya News   later.

Police were also called in and have since launched their investigations with hints that they were already zeroing in on the suspected student was torched the facility .

A  one  ,litter  plastic bottle  containing some  petrol has also been recovered  from the scene .

The incident comes barely two weeks after schools reopened after students remained home for about nine months following the corona pandemic.

The outbreak of the pandemic forced the government to order for the premature   closure of the schools in  March last year to avert the rapid  spreads of the virus .

This is also the time Form Four students are busy preparing for their KCSE examination towards March this year  hence the prevailing  panicky situation  at the school.


Comment As:

Comment (0)